Sunday, July 26, 2015

Painting by Black Light... a fun experiment!



Painting by Black Light

Quite by accident I discovered that many of my paintings look neat in black light.  So, I decided to try and paint in a black light setting.  This was really fun and it does look quite dramatic under black light. It doesn't convey very well via these photos, but it's very cool in real life.  This was a pretty fast experiment taking less than 2 hours. 

Black Pastel Paper
Canson Mi-Teintes Touch / a slightly sanded surface.




My black light on my easel...



Choosing pastels that light up neon in black light....


Getting ready to start....



Under black light...


Under normal light...


The final under normal lighting....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Pastel Demonstration / Poppies by Susan Jenkins

This is a speed video of a pastel painting I did of some brilliant poppies in a field bursting with color.  I have been using a technique la...