Monday, March 27, 2017

Watercolor Cat Speed Painting / In Memory of my Cat Tiki

I did this watercolor painting in honor of my cat, Tiki.  I found her when she was just a kitten, or should I say "she found me."  One day we saw this little sweet kitty hopping around our property and she was a real "scardy cat". I was determined to get her to feel safe with me and after months of setting out food and staying very still she finally rubbed against me one day and it was a bond that just got closer with each day. She became my "art kitty" and would hang out with me in my studio while I painted. I did this watercolor of her and I sure do miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Pastel Demonstration / Poppies by Susan Jenkins

This is a speed video of a pastel painting I did of some brilliant poppies in a field bursting with color.  I have been using a technique la...