Monday, July 17, 2017

Painting with Pastels! How to Use NuPastels like Watercolor!


I finally got a full set of Prismacolor NUPastels. I have needed harder pastels for some time, and I was happy to read on the back of the box that you can actually paint with them. 
Simply apply a wet paint brush to the pastel and rub just like a small pan of paint. 

The colors were rich in application and I was very pleased.  Here is a video where I actually used them in combination with watercolor to do this portrait painting. 
Image Credit:  From the Sktchy App
A great app to find face for drawing and painting. 



Here is the video on Monet Cafe' on YouTube for the demonstration:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Pastel Demonstration / Poppies by Susan Jenkins

This is a speed video of a pastel painting I did of some brilliant poppies in a field bursting with color.  I have been using a technique la...